Our Green Leaf icon identifies products that are natural, organic, or can help you reduce your impact on the environment.
Before we apply the Green Leaf label to a product, we review the description and other information provided by the vendor to determine whether it is a product that is natural, organic, or that we believe can help you reduce your impact on the environment. The product must fall into at least one of the following categories based on our review of the vendor's product description:
2. Organic: These products are certified USDA Organic or made with at least 95% organic ingredients or materials, meaning, they are produced without synthetic pesticides and fertilizers, antibiotics, hormones, GMOs or radiation.
3. Designed to Remove Toxins: These products are specifically designed to purify air or water. We believe they contribute to a healthier home by reducing toxins in the air or water.
4. Energy Efficient: These products are either ENERGY STAR qualified or specifically designed to promote energy conservation. Examples include programmable thermostats and CFL lightbulbs. According to the ENERGY STAR program, qualified products use 10 to 50% less energy than average, non-rated products in the same category.
5. Made Mostly from Sustainable Materials: These products are made with at least 50% materials that are rapidly renewable, responsibly harvested or require no new raw materials in their manufacture. Examples include mechanically-processed bamboo, cork, wool, soy, hemp, organic cotton, corn-based plastic, sustainably-harvested wood or recycled, reclaimed, reused or upcycled materials.
6. Reusable: These products reduce waste by promoting reuse. If possible, we will include reusable products that are also made of natural, organic, recyclable or compostable materials.
© 2005 - 2014, Quidsi, Inc. or its Affiliates. Casa.com is operated by Quidsi Solutions LLC. Unless otherwise noted, products on Casa.com are sold
by Quidsi Retail LLC. Gift Cards and E-Gift Cards sold on Casa.com are sold by Quidsi Gift Cards, Inc.